Monday, January 14, 2013

A Three Meal Birthday Celebration!

This past Saturday was Jason's birthday (one more year until a "big" one!!).  We had planned a nice dinner out, but one birthday meal turned into 3!  It's all good.  We don't eat out often and all the meals were thoroughly enjoyed.  It all started with lunch on Saturday.  Sarah was in a volleyball tournament and we had gone to watch one of her games, which wound up starting abut a 1/2 hour late.  This got us to the mall to have Noah's skates sharpened for an afternoon game over the lunch hour.  While we waited for the skates we hit up Thai Express for some shrimp Pad Thai:
Pad Thai has got to be in the top 5 of my favourite meals to eat.  I just love the stuff!  Noah didn't finish all his so guess what I ate for lunch today?  ;)

After a hockey game and some more volleyball....Sarah's school was the only elementary one out of 10 and they placed second in the tourney!!!....Jason and I made our way to Milestone's for a nice, quiet, AKA no kids fighting, meal out.  First up was a much needed peach Bellini:
It was bigger than that, but I realized too late that the flash ruined the first photo.  Can I just say that Bellini's are da bomb??  Milestone's has a small gluten free menu from which I usually order the salad with a salmon fillet.  This time I tried the Mediterranean chicken...
 It was stuffed with goat cheese and served with chickpeas, cherry tomatoes and bok choy.  I was a fan!  And gluten free options meant I ordered some delicious DESSERT!!
Chocolate Ganache Torte with a pecan crust and caramel sauce.  Silky, smooth, decadent....everything you could want in a dessert!  Jason had steak, shrimp, mashed potatoes, mushrooms and his birthday dessert, vanilla bean ice cream with chocolate wafer cookies:

His sparkler went out before I could snap a picture!  LOL  We basically went home and flopped on the couch afterwards!  We were up and at'er early Sunday morning for Noah's soccer practice.  No sleeping in for us!!  Seeing as the kids "missed" dinner, Noah decided that we should all go out for breakfast.  So here we have meal #3!
I munched away on a 3 egg mushroom & Swiss cheese omelette.  I traded most of my potatoes for more grilled tomatoes.....I like those much better!

So there you have our 3 birthday meals!  And just as a side note; my crack is back!
Bye for now!!

5 comments:

  1. Well, sounds like your hubby and my hubby share the same b-day!! Maybe we already figured this out??? I forget. Pretty cool!! Nick turned 34 on Saturday. He celebrated with FRIED fish and chips. If only he was smart like your husband, the scallops look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks soooo good! Yum!! Looks like your hubby had a great birthday!! I have one more year till a "big one" too.. haha!! In a month it's my "one year left till the big one" birthday! rotfl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday to your husband! All three meals look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Jason! Nothing wrong with three birthday meals - I say stretch out the birthday celebrations as long as possible! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love milestones too. Happy belated to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!